Introduction to MATLAB Programming with Applications
Time: 1330 ~ 1715, Monday to Thursday
Location: Room 223B of CSIE Building (德田館)
``All science is dominated by the idea of approximation.''
-- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
To the students,
This course is designed for the students who want to learn MATLAB programming without any experiences before.
The students are expected to be capable to implement programs with MATLAB independently after 30 hours of lectures.
Furthermore, I expect you to learn other programming languages without pains in the future.
Have fun programming.
- Linear Algebra
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Structures and Algorithms in C++, Michael T. Goodrich, Roberto Tamassia, and David M. Mount, 2/e, 2011
- Introduction to Algorithms, Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein, 3/e, 2009
- Algorithms, Sanjoy Dasgupta, Christos Papadimitriou, Umesh Vazirani, 2006
- 演算法筆記 (online resource)
- Computer Architecture
- Numerical Methods and Analysis
- Statistical Inference, G. Casella and R. L. Berger, 2/e, 2001
- Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis, John A. Rice, 3/e, 2006
- Learning From Data: An Introduction To Statistical Reasoning, Arthur Glenberg and Matthew Andrzejewski, 3/e, 2007
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics, Bernard Rosner, 7/e, 2010
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Time Series Analysis
- Option Pricing
- Useful Links:
- 為什麼要學各種程式語言, NiwaSho Lin, 2012.11.21
- 如何成為一個偉大的開發者？, TechOrange, 2014.6.20
- 前蘋果高層史丹佛畢典演講：想換工作，別在辦公室等著別人幫你下決定, TechOrange, 2014.7.7
- 沒神奇公式和捷徑，這11步驟就是成為頂尖Coder的必備條件, TechOrange, 2014.7.9
- 高生產力工程師的兩個特徵：聰明、懶惰, INSIDE, 2014.7.14
The major topics covered in the short course, time permitting, are listed below for your reference.
- MATLAB environments
- Variables and data types
- Data structures: arrays, matrices, cell arrays, structure arrays
- Control structures: if-elseif-else, for loop, while loop, switch-case, try-catch
- Matrix computation and vectorization
- 2D and 3D plotting
- Built-in and user-defined functions
- User-controlled input and output
- Graphic user interfaces
- (Optional) Optimization
- (Optional) Statistics and Monte Carlo simulation
- (Optional) Option pricing
- (Optional) Singular value decomposition (SVD) and principal component analysis (PCA)
- (Optional) Numerical method of Calculus
- (Optional) Time series analysis
- 2014.7.22, Programming Assignment#1
- 2014.7.24, Programming Assignment#2
- 2014.7.29, Programming Assignment#3
- 2014.7.30, Programming Assignment#4
- 2014.7.31, gui.rar, Final Exam, Final Exam Solution
- Participation (16 points)
- Programming Assignment (24 points)
- Final Exam (60 points)
You will get the certificate for this course if you acquire more than 60 points in the grade.