Introduction to MATLAB Programming with Applications
Time: 1900 ~ 2130 Wednesday and 1800 ~ 2030 Saturday
Location: Room 108 of CSIE Building (德田館)
``All science is dominated by the idea of approximation.''
-- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
To the students,
This course is designed for the students who want to learn MATLAB programming without any experiences before.
The students are expected to be capable to implement programs with MATLAB independently after 30 hours of lectures.
Furthermore, I expect you to learn other programming languages without pains in the future.
Have fun programming.
- Linear Algebra
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Structures and Algorithms in C++, Michael T. Goodrich, Roberto Tamassia, and David M. Mount, 2/e, 2011
- Introduction to Algorithms, Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein, 3/e, 2009
- Algorithms, Sanjoy Dasgupta, Christos Papadimitriou, Umesh Vazirani, 2006
- 演算法筆記 (online resource)
- Numerical Methods and Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Time Series Analysis
- Option Pricing
The major topics covered in the short course, time permitting, are listed below for your reference.
- MATLAB environments
- Variables and data types
- Data structures: arrays, matrices, cell arrays, structure arrays
- Control structures: if-elseif-else, for loop, while loop, switch-case, try-catch
- Matrix computation and vectorization
- 2D and 3D plotting
- Built-in and user-defined functions
- User-controlled input and output
- Graphic user interfaces
- (Optional) Optimization
- (Optional) Statistics and Monte Carlo simulation
- (Optional) Option pricing
- (Optional) Singular value decomposition (SVD) and principal component analysis (PCA)
- (Optional) Numerical method of Calculus
- (Optional) Time series analysis
[ 236 237 ]
- 2014.6.7, Programming Assignment#1
- 2014.6.11, Programming Assignment#2
- 2014.6.18, Programming Assignment#3
- 2014.6.21, Programming Assignment#4
- 2014.6.28, Programming Assignment#5
- 2014.7.2 (GUI)
- 2014.7.9: Final Project Presentation
- Participation (36 points)
- Programming Assignment (40 points)
- Final Project (24 points)
You will get the certificate for this course if you acquire more than 60 points in the grade.