- Floating point operations
- Basic Numerical Methods
- Numerical linear algebra
- Interpolation and approximation
We will particularly focus on numerical
Slides (in pdf) and recordings
- Course information
( video )
Direct methods for linear systems
Iterative methods for linear systems
Fast Fourier Transformation
Roughly once every two weeks. Please write your homework/reports in English.
Every submission after the deadline will get zero points. See
FAQ about how to submit your
- HW1, due on March 16
- HW2, due on March 30
- HW3, due on April 13
- HW4, due on April 27
- HW5, due on May 11
You can bring notes (and other printed
Electronic devices are not allowed.
For each exam, only materials after the
previous exam are covered. They may not
be exactly the same as the previous years
due to the teaching schedule.
(Sample exam questions: 1,
- Midterm 1: March 30 (week 6) Solutions
- Midterm 2: May 11 (week 12)
- Final: June 22 (week 18)
For midterms, discussions will be in the following week. The discussion for the final exam will be at ?? on ?? (room ??).
30% homework, 70% Exam or
25% homework, 75% Exam (tentative)
Some (usually 10%) may fail if they don't work hard.
Issues related to COVID-19
- According to school's regulation, all students must wear
- If the covid situation becomes serious, we will move the course online.
- If you are sick, please do not come to the class.