Yi-Hsuan Hsieh is a 1st year PhD student in Computer Science Department
at University of Texas at Austin since 2014 Fall.
She is now working with professor Prof. Aloysius K. Mok.
Yi-Hsuan Hsieh received M.S. of
Computer Science and Information Engineering at
National Taiwan University in 2013.
During her graduate years, she worked with
Prof. Hao-Hua Chu and
Prof. Polly Huang.
Her current research focuses on industry humanoid robots, robot learning and robot vision. Her previous research interests were mobile system, wireless embedded system, and ubiquitous computing.
University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A. (2014 Fall - present)
PhD student in Computer Science Department
Advisor: Prof. Aloysius K. Mok.
National Taiwan University, Taipei Taiwan (September 2011 - June 2013)
Master of Science
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
Advisor: Prof. Hao-Hua Chu
National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu Taiwan (September 2007 - June 2011)
Bachelor of Science
Department of Computer Science
- James Davis, Yi-Hsuan Hsieh, Hung-Chi Lee , “Humans Perceive Flicker Artifacts at 500 Hz”, Nature Scientific Reports, March February 2015. [Link]
- Chuang-Wen You , Hsin-Liu (Cindy) Kao, Bo-Jhang Ho, Nan-Chen Chen, Yi-Hsuan Hsieh, Polly Huang, Hao-hua Chu, "ThermalProbe: Exploring the Use OF Thermal Identification for Per-User Energy Metering", IEEE Internatinoal Conference on Green Computing and Communications ( GreenCom 2014 ), Taipei Taiwan, September 2014 (Best Paper Award)
Kuo-Cheng Wang, Yi-Hsuan Hsieh, Chi-Hsien Yen, Chuang-Wen You, Yen-Chang Chen, Ming-Chyi Huang, Seng-Yong Lau, Hsin-Liu (Cindy) Kao, Hao-Hua Chu,
"SoberDiary: A Phone-based Support System for Assisting Recovery from Alcohol Dependence", video presentation, ACM UbiComp 2014.
- Chuang-Wen You, Yung-Huan Hsieh, Wen-Huang Cheng, Yi-Hsuan Hsieh, "AttachedShock: Design of a Crossing-based Target Selection Technique on Augmented Reality Devices and its Implications", International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, vol. 72, issue 7, July 2014. [Link]
Ted Tsung-Te Lai, Wei-Ju Chen, Yi-Hsuan Hsieh, Kuei-Han Li, Ya-Yunn Su,
Polly Huang, Hao-Hua Chu, “Why Blow Away Heat? Harvest Server’s Heat Using Thermoelectric Generators”
ACM Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems 2012
(ASPLOS’12), Poster Section, London, UK.
[PDF] [Poster] (Best Poster Award)
- Microelectronics and Computer Development (MCD) Fellowships, University of Texas at Austin, 2014
- The Best Paper Award, IEEE GreenCom 2014 Taipei Taiwan
- The Best Poster Award, ACM ASPLOS’12 London
- ZyXEL Scholarship (4 winners per year, NTHU College of EECS, Networking equipment vendor in Taiwan), 2010
- Scholarship of Exchange Program to TsingHua University, Beijing, China, summer 2009
- Academic Achievement Awards (ranked 1st in GPA), NTHU, 2007 / 2008 / 2010
- ACM Ubicomp 2014 external reviewer (March 2014)
- ACM MobiSys 2013 student volunteer, Taipei, Taiwan (June 25 - 28, 2013)
- Graduate Research, UbiComp Lab, National Taiwan University (Aug. 2011 - June 2013)
- Research Assistant, UbiComp Lab, National Taiwan University (July 2013 - July 2014)
Advisor: Prof. Hao-Hua Chu
- Adjunct Research Assistant, Academia Sinica (Oct. 2013 - Dec. 2013)